News:

MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

Internet Programming?

Started by cman, September 16, 2009, 09:28:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cman

Whats a good language for internet related programming? Is this something that can be done with masm? I've been reading "Google Hacks: 100 industrial-strength tips & tools" and see many programs in languages like perl and python for doing things like generating customized searches of web content and have become interested in internet related programming ( I really don't know anything about this topic currently , so I'm starting from scratch here! ). Thanks for any input!

BlackVortex

PHP rules server-side scripting. Also, speed is less important due to the latencies of net transfers. Assembly is kinda useless for these purposes. Not to mention it's not multiplatform anyway.

2-Bit Chip

Programming with TCP/IP in MASM is possible.

ecube

you can check out wininet API functions for easier communication using asm with the http/ftp protocols. Or you can packet sniffer browser/web servers traffic and use winsock api to manually replicate. As far as Web languages go PHP does dominate, as its very easy, but that's not to say you couldn't replicate its power via ASM(which is cross platform). But that's a massive project, that doesn't offer much benefits. Most the work related activities in PHP and similar are usually handed off to databases.

thomas_remkus

If you want to have some awesome features then look for "libcurl". It is faster than the two microsoft technologies and does decompressions. You also can do ISAPI with MASM. Of course, check on sockets.