MASM32 SDK Description, downloads and other helpful links
MASM32.com New Forum Link
masmforum WebSite

PEview x64

Started by kromag, May 19, 2009, 11:05:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kromag

Quote from: Mark Jones on May 20, 2009, 05:48:17 PM
Awesome machine Kromag. :8) Be sure to visit the Laboratory and tinker with all of the speed tests there. (There are very few AMD timings posted there, and none on the Phenom.)

One tool which will tell you most 64-bit file data is Filealyzer.

Thanks for the info; I am checking it out now!  :bg

mitchi

Quote from: kromag on May 21, 2009, 05:26:48 AM
Quote from: mitchi on May 20, 2009, 02:43:41 PM
how quiet is it?

It's the quietest machine I've ever owned and the _best_ yet as well!

I lover herĀ  :bg

Hehe, what a sweet deal. I own a refurbished HP laptop and it was brand new when I got it. It's done a very good job since.

kromag

mitchi, Which HP Laptop did you end up purchasing if you don't mind?

mitchi

Well my purchase is not that recent. I bought a refurbished 17inch HP laptop exactly a year ago. It's a DV9500 series and at the time, it only cost me $650 Canadian dollars. Like I said, when my laptop arrived, it was brand new.
The model number is not really important because every HP laptop is okay. They release like 20 different models every year so they're all of good quality.

The specs aren't really impressive but if you install XP instead of Vista, it becomes a very fast machine
1 gig of ram
2x 1.66 ghz Intel
2x Hard drives (yes I have 2 hard drives in there, 80 gig each).
Intel GMA X3100 (This is shitty for games, but it gives you a very good battery life). I have a big desktop at home for my games anyway. I play Starcraft on this machine.

I bring this machine every day to university with me. I do all my programming on this machine.
Here's a review if you are curious :
http://www.notebookreview.com/default.asp?newsID=3422&Review=HP+dv9000t

kromag

Not bad!

The machine I just upgraded from was over 12 years old so I'm very content with what I received for my money  :bg

mitchi

Is that a claymore sword? It looks pretty big.

kromag

I believe it's a bastard sword.

Mark Jones

Quote from: Mark Jones on May 20, 2009, 05:48:17 PM
One tool which will tell you most 64-bit file data is Filealyzer.

Wow, FileAlyzer has the most advanced error-reporting handler I have ever seen... :dazzled:

"To deny our impulses... foolish; to revel in them, chaos." MCJ 2003.08

dedndave

filealyzer - very cool Mark - i love it

ramguru

I'm using 'PE Tools v1.5.800.2006 RC7' that supports  both PE32 (x86) & PE32+ (x64) file formats.
The only feature that is missing in x64 implementation is comparison (by header). It only works for x86 executables.
http://petools.org.ru/updates/pt_update_08_rc7.zip